From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Surviving perl-5.24.0
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 23:33:59
1 I spent most of today updating from perl-5.22 to perl-5.24 because so
2 many packages failed to install. I ran perl-cleaner about a hundred
3 times and tried emerge -ac in between, which always failed because it
4 falsely accused me of not doing emerge -auND.
5
6 Finally I got through the perl update and noticed a message saying
7 'emerge -auND --with-bdeps=y is the ultimate way to update...' so I
8 added the '--with-bdeps=y' and another twenty perl-related packages got
9 rebuilt after I thought I was done.
10
11 Now I'm really done, I think, but I'm afraid to reboot this machine.