From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Most important packages to save buildpkg of
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:02:00
1 Hi,
2
3 Every once in a blue moon I screw up something. I don't know why I am
4 telling you this. I come here mostly for help. LOL So you already now
5 that. I have buildpkg set in make.conf. It does tend to consume some
6 space though. What is say the top ten or twelve programs that would be
7 good to have in case of a rescue? I would assume portage, gcc and
8 python would be pretty important. I plan to delete the rest for space.
9
10 Since I figure some of you have more experience, I thought I would ask
11 you folks. What is really needed to rescue from a serious borking of a
12 Gentoo install?
13
14 Also, what commands would a person have to use to make use of those
15 buildpkg's? So far, I have not needed one. < says prayer > That
16 assumes portage is what is screwed up to begin with.
17
18 Thanks
19
20 Dale