From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to use SR-IOV on a LSI RAID controller
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 02:02:58
1 On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 7:52 PM, Taiidan@×××.com <Taiidan@×××.com> wrote:
2 > I bought a LSI-9211-8i / SAS 2008 controller which reports support for
3 > SR-IOV in lspci and I am wondering how I can use it.
4 >
5 > There is no info on the internet about this not even for their newer
6 > controllers where there is a lot of advertising about SR-IOV.
7 >
8 > The idea is that you can assign a RAID array, individual hard drive, etc to
9 > a VF which is then assigned to a VM via IOMMU providing better almost native
10 > performance vs emulated disks.
11 >
12 > Thanks!
15 If it supports SR-IOV you can pass it to a guest with VFIO. If it did
16 not support SR-IOV it would not support VFIO.
17
18 Cheers,
19 R0b0t1