From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Screen sharing software or similar
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:17:15
1 Hi all!
2
3 I'm looking for a solution to the following problem.
4
5 My relatives live 200 km away. They have a daughter, and I need to help
6 her out with school homework etc. At the moment we cannot do it on a
7 regular basis, because doing it over the phone is really difficult and
8 time consuming. I thought some screen sharing software would solve
9 this. A video conferencing or a VoIP feature would be a nice bonus,
10 too. For easy writing I would probably buy graphics tablets since
11 writing math formulas or drawing isn't particularly fast or easy with
12 keyboard and mouse.
13
14 So, is there some easy-to-use Linux program? I have Linux desktops on
15 both ends (Ubuntu and Gentoo), so portability or OS-independence is not
16 a requirement.
17
18 Do you have any other ideas? For the record, we have a 2 Mbit DSL line
19 on one end and a 6 Mbit on the other. Those are, of course, downstream
20 bandwidth rates.
23 Best wishes,
24 Renat
27 Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
28 durch die sie entstanden sind.
29 (Einstein)