From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Segfaulting cryptsetup in init
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:43:46
1 Johan Blåbäck schrieb:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > hi,
6 >
7 > I'm setting up this old computer of mine and why not encrypt it. I have
8 > done this on several computers before, but never have I gotten these
9 > kind of errors.
10 >
11 > When booting, cryptsetup segfaults. I can find no obvious reason why, I
12 > have tried to recompile cryptsetup using different arch, but still the
13 > same. It is build statically, USE=-dynamic is set and ldd just says "no
14 > dynamic executable". But when trying to debug I copied the cryptsetup,
15 > that is not working in the init, to a usb-device and tried to decrypt my
16 > disk using a livecd, and this went fine.
17 >
18 > So to summarize:
19 > init - cryptsetup segfaults
20 > in livecd env - cryptsetup ok
21 > in gentoo system - cryptsetup ok
25 I'm not sure whether it was cryptsetup or gpg who had trouble but I seem
26 to need these lines in my initrd to get things going:
27
28 rm /dev/tty
29 ln -s /dev/console /dev/tty