From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where did lvm installation guide go?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 05:21:30
1 gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2 >I want to reinstall an old system to have combined root+usr.
3 >
4 >I have always used an lvm installation guide that was a "companion" to
5 >the handbook. That is it would tell you how to augment each handbook
6 >installation chapter for lvm (actually lvm2).
7 >
8 >I can't find this documentation now on gentoo.org. There is a big wiki
9 >page, but that is different as are daniel's 2-volume "learning linux
10 >lvm".
11 >
12 >The closest I found is the raid+lvm quick install guide, but i would be
13 >happier with the one I have used often in the past.
14 >
15 >Any clues (I am emotionally prepared to learn that it is right there on
16 >the installation web page, but my eyes and search commands are
17 >deficient).
18 >
19 >thanks,
20 >allan
21
22 Allan,
23
24 Use the raid+LVM guide and skip all the raid steps.
27 Joost
28 --
29 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
30 --
31 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.