From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-7.2 and ati-drivers-8.32.5
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 16:15:41
1 On 2007-05-07, Francisco Rivas <taken2k4@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi, I never couldn't get 8.32.5 ati-drivers working. Now I update to kernel
4 > 2.6.20-r6 and 8.36 ati-drivers and works fine for me. I guess update
5 > to 8.36ati-driver.
6
7 OK, I'll give 2.6.20 + 8.36.5 a try.
8
9 Next time I'm in the market for a loptop, I'm going to think
10 long and hard before buying another model that has an ATI video
11 chipset. I've never had a lick of trouble with NVidia drivers
12 and have had constant headaches with ATI drivers (from both
13 xorg and ATI).
16 Grant Edwards grante Yow! My life is a patio
17 at of fun!
18 visi.com
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list