From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] .tmp-unverified-download-quarantine
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 10:43:11
1 On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 10:17:06 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Right, I haven't changed them on this installation either and emerge
4 > FEATURES include
5 >
6 > '... userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync'.
7 >
8 > With 'userpriv' portage is meant to drop privileges to the owner of the
9 > gentoo repo directory, but if the directory is owned by root to start
10 > with I am not clear how userpriv is meant to work.
11
12 According to the make.conf man page, userpriv will
13
14 "Allow portage to drop root privileges and compile packages as
15 portage:portage without a sandbox"
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.