From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't stop the panic on eeepc
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 04:31:23
1 > You gotta use a "delay" (or "wait", can't remember exactly)
2 > parameter
3 > for the kernel to wait while the disc is recognized, dunno
4 > exactly,
5 > but 2 to 5 seconds should be enough. I have an EEE 701 and
6
7 Well there's a 10 sec 'timeout' but I can make that infinite by hitting the arrow key. That didn't help. And the 'pause' command, but that just waits for another keystroke.
8
9 Are you talking about something that goes in the kernel line? Some sort of parameter or option that goes after root=/dev/sdn?
13 Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!
14
15 http://www.flickr.com/gift/