From: Naga <nagatoro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question regarding KDE upgrade and "MASKED PACKAGES"
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:24:11
1 On Wednesday 28 February 2007 15.34.25 Chris wrote:
2 > After setting the appropriate flags in the 'packages.keywords' file, I
3 > emerged all of the KDE packages to 3.5.6 (a few don't have a 3.5.6
4 > version yet). I also had to emerge some new packages.
5 >
6 > After merging these packages, emerge immediately wanted to downgrade
7 > them, complaining about "Masked Packages". I can't provide the text of
8 > that (I can't even read the whole thing), since it will not pipe to a file.
9 >
10 > Any suggestions? Should I just downgrade everything to 3.5.5 and wait
11
12 Add the "--tree" switch to your emerge command. This will show you what
13 package that require the old versions.
16 Naga
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list