From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is "-fomit-frame-pointer" a gcc default?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 00:48:09
1 On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 01:48:37AM +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote
2
3 > so it is not turned on on x86. Not sure about amd64. IIRC it is default
4 > on amd64, but I am not sure and too lazy to google. Just like the thread
5 > starter.
6
7 Actually, I did Google. So did another particpant in the Pale Moon
8 forum. We got different answers, and various other people chimed in.
9 That's why I posted here. BTW, "gcc -O2 -Q --help=optimizers" returns
10
11 -fomit-frame-pointer [disabled]
12
13 ...in both my real 64-bit Gentoo install and my 32-bit VM Gentoo.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications