From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] When Linux desktop will be at least so convenient as MS DOS?
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 23:48:39
1 2018-07-13 2:26 GMT+03:00 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>:
2 > On 13/07/18 02:15, gevisz wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I am currently use Awesome WM and it is a real headache
5 >> to type in Vim some Cyrillic text in LaTeX!
6 >>
7 >> Especially without any keyboard switch indicator. :)
10 > If I search for "Awesome WM keyboard layout indicator" I find this:
11 >
12 > https://github.com/deficient/keyboard-layout-indicator
13 >
14 > Have you tried it?
15
16 Thank you for your reply.
17
18 I have not tried any keyboard switch indicator.
19
20 I just studed the way keyboard layout switch is imlemented
21 in Linux and found out that all the ways it is done in Linux,
22 via X-org server, is quite "dirty". So, when switching from
23 XFCE4 to Awesome I decided to organize keyboard layout
24 switch naturaly, only in X-org server and without any keyboard
25 indicator, because a visual keyboard indicator does not help much.
26
27 But currently I am ready to try even the "dirty" way to organize
28 keyboard layout switch if it will give me a nice cracking sound
29 of old good days :) when typing in Cyrilic keyboard layout.