From: Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange q-reinit
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 20:00:44
1 Peter Humphrey:
2
3 >Now that I've installed pfl, which I didn't know about until just now, I get
4 >the same result as yours, but 'emerge portage-utils' doesn't actually install
5 >q-reinit. Curiouser and curiouser. Does the file exist or not? In whose
6 >imagination?
7
8 Perhaps e-file doesn't want to lose knowledge. ;)
9
10 >Now what? What does your q-reinit look like?
11
12 hafi@i5-64 ~ $ locate q-reinit
13 /etc-s/portage/repo.postsync.d/q-reinit
14 /usr/portage/app-portage/portage-utils/files/q-reinitialize
15
16 /etc-s is a snapshot of /etc dated march 2019. At that time q-reinit
17 existed on my machine. Hm. Hmmm.
18
19 e-file outputs 0.74 as the last available version of portage-utils. At
20 the same time it knows the last installed version is 0.80.
21
22 Seems to be a bug in e-file. Nevertheless, e-file has proved quite
23 useful in the past. :)
24
25 Hartmut