From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: @preserved-rebuild
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:12:51
1 Robin Atwood <robin.atwood <at> attglobal.net> writes:
4 > I had exactly the same problem. I solved it by deleting
5 > /var/lib/portage/preserved_libs_registry with no ill effects (since revdep-
6 > rebuild was clean).
7
8 I did this as well as the previous suggestions.
9 I also rebuilt xulrunner, in an attempt to emerge
10 openoffice 3.1.0-r1, which is the only package
11 that now needs to rebuild according to
12
13 @preserved-rebuild
14
15 Well all else is cleaned up except a complaint about openoffice .
16 NOW I've lost my KDE-4 tool bar across the bottom of the screen
17 ( I believe the first app is kde-launcher,
18 but my kde verbiage could be way off)..... again.
21 Before when this happened the fix was to reboot into an older kernel and
22 run 'kbuildsycoca4' as a user. This fixed the identical problem a few
23 days ago. This does not work now.
24
25 see 21sep09 thread:
26 KDE menu missing with new kernel
27
28 revdep-rebuild is clean. The system is synced up and only openoffice 3.1
29 gives building complaints.
30
31 My kde environment is 4.2.4 (via sets) and it seems like I fix one problem
32 and another arises.....
35 aaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.............
38 any ideas?
41 James