From: pat@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to configure two net interfaces (one static and other dynamic)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 17:13:56
1 On 2021-08-27 18:49, Michael wrote:
2 > On Friday, 27 August 2021 17:39:27 BST Matt Connell (Gmail) wrote:
3 >> On Fri, 2021-08-27 at 16:52 +0200, pat@××××××××.org wrote:
4 >> > Hello,
5 >> >
6 >> > Installed Gentoo into VirtualBox and I want to have two network
7 >> > interfaces (on different networks with IP ranges) one with static IP and
8 >> > another with IP retrieved by DHCP. Currenlty, I do have the DHCP, but
9 >> > failing to setup additional static IP. Please, could someone point me to
10 >> > what to do?
11 >>
12 >> Here's where I would start:
13 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Networking
14 >>
15 >> The handbook is good for more than just the installation process, I've
16 >> learned over the years.
17 >
18 > Also have a look at:
19 >
20 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Networking/Modular
21 >
22 > which explains how to configure your /etc/conf.d/net file. However,
23 > most
24 > helpful is the well commented netifrc example file itself:
25 >
26 > /usr/share/doc/netifrc-0.7.3/net.example.bz2
27 >
28 > In there you can see how to configure with a static IP or dhcp each
29 > interface
30 > in turn. Copy that to your /etc/conf.d/net and edit it as you see fit.
31 > Ask
32 > if you get stuck on anything specific.
33
34 Thanks for help.
35
36 Pat