From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: FIXED 3D
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 15:36:08
1 On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:28:12 +0000 (UTC), James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 > Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj <at> terra.es> writes:
6 >> You can't since you want to use ati-driver/fglrx. The fglrx is not part
7 >> of
8 >> the kernel, it's only shipped in the form of a binary-only closed
9 source
10 >> kernel module. fglrx doesn't need (and most likely will fail as you
11 see)
12 >> the in-kernel radeon drm driver. So, either disable radeon AND drm in
13 >> your
14 >> kernel, or build them as modules and make sure that they are not loaded
15 >> before you try to load fglrx.
18 > As usually Volker was right. Thanks for this explanation....
19 > With a mixture of open sourced and ati-driver systems,
20 > sometimes I get confused...... or careless.
23 > One final question. When I run this command:
24 > emerge -1 $(qlist -I x11-drivers)
25 >
26 > I get this error:
27 > 'x11-drivers/ati-drivers' is not a valid package atom
28 > Please check ebuild(5) for full details.
31 > yet 'emerge x11-drivers/ati-drivers'
32 > works fine as a one line command....
35 > Is this a bug? My bad (syntax)?
36
37 Probably the colors screwing everything, as always. Try searching the
38 qlist man page for something like --nocolor or --color=never.
39 --
40 Jesús Guerrero