From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Is EVMS dead?
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 11:38:46
1 On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 00:18:47 -0500, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
2
3 > if I remember correctly, and it has been quite a while, vgscan only
4 > works if your lvm.conf is intact.
5
6 You remember incorrectly. lvm.conf is not needed to use LVM. It
7 configures some aspects of LVM, such as filtering out devices to speed up
8 scanning and setting snapshot policies, but it is not needed to access
9 the data on the LVM volumes.
10
11 The only time I have had a problem accessing the data from an LVM on a
12 different machine is when both systems used the same volume group name,
13 which is solved by renaming one of them.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.