From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] preparing for the "systemd rootprefix migration"
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 20:39:56
1 On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 3:28 PM, allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 > I run a stable system using gnome3 and hence systemd, specifically
3 > systemd-236-r5. My bootloader is grub2. I do *not* have an EFI
4 > platform and do *not* have an initramfs.
5 > I do *not* have a separate /usr filesystem.
6 >
7 > The news item says that, in preparation for the 237 release and the
8 > likely removal of the symlinks
9 > /usr/lib/systemd/systemd and
10 > /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-shutdown
11 > we should update our boot config to reference init=/lib/systemd/system
12 >
13 > 1. Updating the boot config to reference init=/lib/systemd/system seems
14 > to mean a 1-line change in /etc/default/grub
15 > GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" -->
16 > GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="init=/lib/systemd/systemd"
17 > followed by the usual
18 > grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
19 > Is that it?
20
21 Yes.
22
23 > 2. What should I be doing to prepare for the removal of the
24 > /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-shutdown symlink?
25
26 You don't need to do anything specific here.
27
28 > 3. "After upgrading, please run systemctl daemon-reexec". Which
29 > upgrade is being referred to? Is it the upgrade to the 237 release,
30 > with the likely removal of the two symlinks.
31
32 You should run that command after any systemd upgrade, but
33 specifically after upgrading from a version prior to 234.