From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Quickest/easiest Gentoo install?
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 23:43:40
1 On 7/7/20 6:18 PM, james wrote:
2
3 OK, sorry for hijacking my own (walter's) post, but this
4 Verizon dying mail server, causes lots of bloated messages and
5 misdirection. I just now figured out that's the bouncing messages
6 source/problem. If those (VERIZON) idiots would just send out a
7 message to move the users to another mail service/system, this could
8 have been avoided a long time ago. Oh well....
12 SO, I found and old guide of how to set up postfix
13 on Rasp pi systems. It's vintage 2014 but it a place to start. What
14 breaks or does not work, I'll have to fix,
15 or follow the suggestions posted to this list.
19 https://samhobbs.co.uk/2013/12/raspberry-pi-email-server-part-1-postfix
22 So tonight I'll try to order one or 2.
23
24 Anyone interested, or already has R. Pi:
25
26 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi_3_64_bit_Install#History
29 Any newer guide links are most welcome, especially Rpi-4. Surely there
30 are more folks on this list than I that want a sub- $100 mail server
31 that is low power, and thus can be left up
32 7x24, with a single IP address and DNS services or (2) more R.Pi.
33 Running DNS primary services.
36 (links to guides for DNS primaries on gentoo-R.pi. are most welcome.
37
38 How doe this guide look for dns services on a RPi?
39
40 https://www.ionos.com/digitalguide/server/configuration:
41
42 /how-to-make-your-raspberry-pi-into-a-dns-server/
45 and this general reference
46 https://github.com/sakaki-/gentoo-on-rpi-64bit
47