From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Any good instructions for creating a Live CD?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:35:17
1 Hi all,
2 From a thread on another list (pro-audio/music oriented) we're
3 thinking about creating our own Live CD. I'd like this at least
4 initially to be based on Gentoo. Are there any good, up-to-date
5 instructions around about how to do this?
6
7 In Google Books I found something called "Linux Live CDs:Building
8 and Customizing Bootables". It had the following link which is dead.
9 Did it move somewhere? I cannot find it yet.
10
11 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_build_a_LiveCD_from_Scratch
12
13 I found this in the forums. Any idea about how well it might work?
14
15 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=244837
16
17 There's a section talking about Catalyst. The first thing is says
18 is that it's not for the casual user. On a scale of 1-10 how difficult
19 is something like this? (I suspect that if I have to ask it's too
20 difficult.) ;-)
21
22 Also this for general info:
23
24 http://www.livecdlist.com/wiki/index.php/LiveCD_Creation_Resources
25
26 Most interesting to me would be something like cloning an already
27 up-and-running system. Is that possible?
28
29 Thanks in advance,
30 Mark