From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] should /dev/dv1394 be a device or a directory?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 05:07:18
1 I have just managed to force cinelerra-cvs-20051005 to start up. However I am
2 not managing to import any DV from my camcorder. When I open the capture
3 window I get the following message in the console:
4
5 Device1394Input::open /dev/dv1394: Is a directory
6
7 followed by
8
9 Device1394Input::run DV1394_IOC_WAIT_FRAMES: Bad file descriptor
10
11 endlessly repeated until I force cinelerra to terminate.
12
13 However I can send control instructions to the camcorder (start, stop etc.).
14
15 When I ls /dev/dv1394 I find that it is indeed an empty directory.
16
17 In kino, when I open the capture window in dv1394 mode, I get the message
18 "dv1394 INIT ioctl: Invalid argument" repeated endlessly in the console, and
19 the camera controls don't work.
20
21 I would use raw1394 if that worked in cinelerra, but cinelerra, although it
22 first started up in (non-working) raw1394 capture mode, stopped offering this
23 mode as an option in the preferences once I had switched to (non-working)
24 dv1394 mode. raw1394 capture works in kino for some reason.
25
26 Am I right to understand that the dv1394 problem is to do with my system,
27 while the raw1394 problem is specifc to cinelerra? How do I fix either of
28 them?
29
30 Thanks
31 Robert
32 --
33 Robert Persson
34
35 "Don't use nuclear weapons to troubleshoot faults."
36 (US Air Force Instruction 91-111, 1 Oct 1997)
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list