From: Frank Gruellich <frank@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Off Topic] screen configuration...
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 10:49:15
1 * Steve [Gentoo] <gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk> 23. Feb 07:
2 > I want to use screen, but my emacs-afflicted fingers automatically type
3 > "control-a" to go to the beginning of the line in my shell - which is
4 > somewhat unfortunate for screen.
5
6 With default settings you can send the escape key to an application
7 (like a shell) by pressing "C-a a".
8
9 > I assume from the manual that I can re-bind keys to avoid this
10 > problem... my first guess was to bung "bind '^a'" into my .screenrc -
11 > but that doesn't do the trick. Does anyone here have the correct
12 > incantation?
13
14 escape ^Uu
15
16 in your .screenrc should bind "C-u" to as escape key and "C-u u" to send
17 escape key to shell (deleting line in this case). You can change this
18 after startup by pressing "C-a :". I documented my own .screenrc here:
19 http://www.der-frank.org/dotfiles/_screen/_screenrc
20
21 HTH,
22 kind regards, Frank.