From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Quick question: Bootdevice nameing...
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 14:09:03
1 On 4/5/20 11:21 PM, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Currentlu my newly created system is installed on a harrdisk, which
5 > sit in a docking station connect via USB to my PC.
6 >
7 > The system is intended to be complete in the sense, that can
8 > boot bu itsself without accessing any other storage device.
9 >
10 > What is the most common behaviour here:
11 > If I change to boot sequence in the BIOS to boot the
12 > harddisk from the docking station...will it become /dev/sda ?
13 >
14 > Fstab depends on this...
17 It's not supposed to, but in my direct experience, it can rearrange the
18 naming of the boot devices.
19
20 I had to use PARTUUID in fstab/grub.cfg to get around this problem.
21
22 Dan