From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Accessing CVS on non-standard port
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 23:59:12
1 Alan McKinnon writes:
2
3 > I need to get to the work CVS server from home. It's not exposed to the
4 > internet but never fear! we have ssh -L and a convenient sshd host that is on
5 > the internets. So, locally
6 >
7 > ssh -Llocalhost:1111:cvs.example.com:22 alan@×××××××××××××××.com
8 >
9 > and tell cvs that the server is localhost:1111
10 >
11 > I do this all the time for lots of other stuff. Doesn't work for CVS because
12 > there's no way to tell cvs to tell ssh what port to use.
13 >
14 > Google gives lots of hits about using the host-specific Host directive in
15 > ~/.ssh/config but that won't work for me - it assumes I can see the CVS server
16 > directly and doesn't take into account that I have port forwarding in the way.
17 >
18 > Anyone know a way to get cvs to use any port other than 22? I'm receptive to
19 > alternate cvs clients with this support, just not ones that tweak ssh to do
20 > it.
21
22 Hmm, I don't get it. Why would this .ssh/config not work?
23
24 Host gateway
25 Hostname gateway.example.com
26 User alan
27 LocalForward 1111 cvs.example.com:22
28
29 Host cvs
30 Hostname localhost
32 User alan
33
34 You log in at gateway first, and during that session you can access the
35 CVS server with 'ssh cvs', or use CVS via CVSROOT=:ext:cvs:/var/cvs.
36 Can't you?
37
38 Wonko