From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel upgrade broke NAT
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 15:18:44
1 On Friday 22 February 2008 16:22:34 Grant wrote:
2
3 > > Too bad that 'oldconfig' isn't always working :-(
4 >
5 > Is there a better way to update the config for a new kernel?
6
7 What I do is to run menuconfig against the most recent .config, and search
8 (visually) for items marked [NEW] and read their Help pages. That does mean
9 lots of following of ---> links to subsidiary pages, but at least it takes
10 less time than looking at everything all over again. And it does avoid
11 using oldconfig, which I've heard rumours about.
14 Rgds
15 Peter
16 --
17 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list