From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Converting Unix time to local time
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 20:00:18
1 Matt Connell (Gmail) wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2020-11-23 at 19:24 +0100, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
3 >> *blush* Even though I'm using "date" since umpteen years, up to now I
4 >> was not aware of this "@..." syntax. You're perfectly right, that's ex-
5 >> actly what I was looking for.
6 > I wasn't either, until I read the man page. Just goes to show you
7 > never outgrow good documentation.
13 I found out when I was trying to convert emerge.log and its date/time
14 stamp.  Before that, I had no idea the date command did that either.  I
15 just knew it was used to set the system time and date manually, like on
16 a new install when it is to far off for ntpdate or chrony to correct.
17
18 I do wish the emerge.log time stamp was like it is in messages.  It just
19 puts the date in something you can just read.  :/
20
21 Dale
22