From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ERROR: gnome-base/bonobo-1.0.22 failed.
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 20:27:58
1 On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 13:53 -0600, Dale wrote:
2 > Rumen Yotov wrote:
5 > >Hi,
6 > >Think that rebuilding gtk+-1.2.10-rX will fix things,next emerge bonobo.
7 > >It must find that gtk+-1.2.X is installed and build correctly.
8 > >If not then eventually there's a configuration error somewhere.
9 > >PS: watch for the order in which you rebuild the packages, it must be
10 > >bottom-up, so that second level uses the new ones from level one.
11 > >HTH.Rumen
14 > Well, I'm on dial-up so I had to disconnect for a while. I backed up a
15 > bit and that emerge failed to so I backed up a bit more until I got it
16 > to work. I'll put in what it was in a bit. I was about to do a emerge
17 > -e world and call it a night here. Figured that may correct it. < shrugs >
18 >
19 > [off topic]
20 >
21 > Is there a way to make it keep a longer bash history? Right now I have
22 > 8 Konsoles open and I want it to save more history. Sometimes I need to
24 > manually.
25 >
26 > Thanks for the help, we're making progress.
27 >
28 > Dale
29 > :-)
30 >
31 > --
32 > To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
36 Hi,
37 Yes about bash history - run "man bash" check HISTFILE & HISTFILESIZE
38 vars (change the second as appropriate).
39 Don't go to -e option try to fix things before that, it takes much time
40 and not always works (but works quite always ;)
41 Will you do this on every error out there.
42 i'll be off soon, so good luck.
43 Rumen