From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dovecot imap-login
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 17:53:29
1 > On Sat, 12 December 2015, at 3:08 a.m., jens wefer <jens.wefer@××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > I set up a mail server, postfix/dovecot, ssl required.
4 > test with mail-client, all ok
5 > when I try to copy mails with imapsync (gentoo) comes timeout,
6 > and imapsync will login again.
7 > with each new login, a new process imap-login is generated.
8
9 Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you know it's timing out?
10
11 Could it just be slow, as it has to compile loads of messages in its first run?
12
13 Looks like dovecot has a 30 minute timeout. [1]
14
15 An old message on the Dovecot mailing list [2] suggests to set "verbose_proctitle = yes" in config to see why each process is open.
16
17 It also suggests using high-performance mode, rather that the default.
18
19 Stroller.
24 [1] http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2010-October/053422.html
25 [2] http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2013-August/092226.html