From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] 回复: [gentoo-user] Anyone can afford information about build kernel?
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:50:27
1 On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Jonas de Buhr <jonas.de.buhr@×××.net> wrote:
2 > Am Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:54:37 -0400
3 > schrieb Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>:
4 >
5 >> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 7:03 AM, Jonas de Buhr
6 >> <jonas.de.buhr@×××.net> wrote:
7 >> > hey guys,
8 >> >
9 >> > please don't get me wrong on this one, i mean no offense.
10 >> > can anyone explain to me what this is? are these lavender threads
11 >> > some kind of trolling i don't get?
12 >> >
13 >> > it (apparently on purpose, since hints in that direction are
14 >> > ignored) combines loads of annoying qualities:
15 >> >
16 >> > - nondescriptive titles
17 >> > - doing everything to rip apart threads: no In-Reply-To and even
18 >> >  subject changes
19 >> > - no line-breaks
20 >> > - difficult to read incorrect punctuation (plenk)
21 >> > - problem details are kept nebulous and info requests are ignored
22 >> > - none of the proposed solutions are ever tried or commented
23 >>
24 >> To me, the "Lavender's" messages read like someone is going through an
25 >> automated translation tool to get between English and their native
26 >> language. (In this case, Chinese)
27 >>
28 >> "Anyone can afford ... ?" sounds like bad forced translation between
29 >> semantic idioms.
30 >>
31 >> "Anyone can afford information about build kernel"
32 >> "Can anyone afford information about build kernel"
33 >> "Can anyone spend time helping about build kernel"
34 >> "Can anyone spend time helping me build my kernel"
35 >>
36 >> That explains the punctuation (poor translation tool(!)) and nebulous
37 >> requests.
38 >
39 >> His responses indicated he was reading what had been sent in
40 >> reply.
41 >> His first reply and his second reply were closely related, and
42 >> when commands were offered that allowed him to find the exact
43 >> information he needed, he gave his third reply indicating he had what
44 >> he needed.
45 >>
46 >> I'm using GMail as my email client, and threading and subject lines
47 >> showed intact for me until your "this is spam" message following the
48 >> one I'm replying to.
49 >
50 > interesting, so gmail is aware of the chinese equivalent of "Re" (回复)
51 > but doesn't use the In-Reply-To: header correctly?
52
53 The two replies I saw from him have these lines in their original headers:
54
55 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone can afford information about build kernel?
56 Subject: [gentoo-user] =?gbk?B?u9i4tKO6IFtnZW50b28tdXNlcl0gQW55b25lIGNh?=
57 =?gbk?B?biBhZmZvcmQgaW5mb3JtYXRpb24gYWJvdXQgYnVp?=
58 =?gbk?B?bGQga2VybmVsPw==?=
59
60 So the second one definitely came through worse than the first, but
61 (for whatever reason), GMail didn't signal a topic change. (Usually,
62 it's pretty good about that)
63
64 Maybe GMail was clever enough to pick up on something like
65 X-Reply-Hash and tie it to a thread. Dunno.
68 :wq