From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] openvpn and ipp.txt
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2016 00:17:44
1 Hi all,
2 I have a home openvpn server that works fine except the annoying
3 behaviour that it doesnt "fix" a client with an IP address. That is,
4 with multiple clients it keeps swapping/reissueing IP addresses around.
7 Openvpn is supposed to use the file ipp.txt to hold the address mapping
8 its issued so it can reuse it as needed. The file is automanaged and I
9 am not editing it in any way. Openvpn creates the file as root:root and
10 u+rw on startup but entries never appear in it and there are no errors
11 in the logs.
12
13 Is this a know behaviour/how can I fix it?
14
15 BillK