From: Mike Mazur <mmazur@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] PulseAudio not detecting hotplugged USB headset
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 04:40:17
1 Hi,
2
3 Running PulseAudio with module-hal-detect loaded doesn't detect my USB
4 headset when I plug it in.
5
6 If I start PulseAudio while the headset is plugged in, it shows up as
7 a device in PulseAudio Manager and I can move streams to it or from
8 it. If I unplug the headset, it remains in PA's device list. I have to
9 restart PA (/etc/init.d/pulseaudio restart) for any changes I make
10 (plugging, unplugging the headset) to take effect.
11
12 I also tried everything above with module-detect loaded instead of
13 module-hal-detect, but the behavior is the same.
14
15 Any ideas where to begin troubleshooting this?
16
17 Thanks,
18 Mike
19 --