From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MySQL5 and Innodb not working
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:09:17
1 Thomas Balthazar wrote:
2 > I've re-installed a 32 version of Gentoo, installed the same components,
3 > and it works now.
4 > Maybe it was a problem with the 64 bits version.
5 >
6 > Thanks to everybody for the support.
7 > Thomas.
8
9 That's pretty odd. I've got various versions of Mysql, 5.0.24, 5.0.26,
10 5.0.30, and 5.0.32 running on IntelEMT under 64bit Gentoo and haven't
11 had any issues over the past six months. Though I am not running the
12 ebuild, 5.0.26-r2, that you are... I think my 5.0.26 is -r1. I'm also
13 using pretty conservative settings in make.conf as I've been burned in
14 the past with Mysql and overly aggressive cflags.
15
16 CFLAGS="-march=nocona -O2 -pipe"
17 CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
18 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
19
20 64bit Mysql is significantly faster than 32 bit and it's nice to be able
21 to address more than 3GB in Mysql. If that sort of raw performance
22 matters it might be worth your time to try 64bit again, else I'd
23 probably leave well enough alone.
24
25 kashani
26 --