From: Julien Roy <julien@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Plasma sound not working
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 16:29:59
1 On 6/15/22 06:52, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 >
3 > I do something like that by copying a good user account as a basis for the
4 > next iteration. The problem is just the fineness of granularity that's needed,
5 > now that a coarse grain hasn't helped. Hey-ho. Here we must go again...
6
7 What is certain is that the issue is caused by a file in your home
8 directory, since creating a new user fixes the problem.
9
10 What may help you to be more specific with this would be to list what
11 files were modified since the last time audio worked; for example, `find
12 $HOME -mtime 0` will show files modified in the last 24 hours
13
14 You might want to run this command on .config or .kde directories to see
15 what could have changed, although it's true that it might take a while
16 to pin point it...
17
18 Another option, since you mention that you re-created your user multiple
19 times, is to just delete specific folders, reboot, and try audio. Maybe
20 start with .config as that would be the most obvious culprit. If that
21 doesn't work, try .kde (not sure if that folder is in ~/  or ~/.config),
22 then other directories.
23
24 Also, did you check `dmesg` to see if there are any errors related to
25 the audio device/driver? Try `dmesg --level=err,warn`
28 Regards,
29
30 Julien