From: Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] want sound (alsa) muted on boot
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:08:41
1 On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:14:28PM -0600, Penguin Lover »Q« squawked:
2 > I want sound muted on boot, but it always starts unmuted. I don't know
3 > when this problem started; I only noticed it because I recently went
4 > through a stretch of being unable to hibernate, so I booted a lot.
5 >
6 > grep -i =\" /etc/conf.d/alsasound
7 > ENABLE_OSS_EMUL="yes"
8 > RESTORE_ON_START="no"
9 > SAVE_ON_STOP="no"
10 > LOAD_ON_START="no"
11 >
12 > I thought the RESTORE_ON_START="no" should do what I want, but no such
13 > luck. I tried the old `# alsactl store` after using alsamixer to mute
14 > sound, which also didn't help.
15
16 I think you may want RESTORE_ON_START="yes" but SAVE_ON_STOP="no" and
17 store a state which is muted?
18
19 W
22 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
23 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton