From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage, git and shallow cloning
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 16:57:37
1 On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 11:06 AM Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > git rev-parse HEAD >! .git/shallow
4 > git reflog expire --expire=all --all
5 > git gc --prune=now
8 Before anybody bangs their head against the wall too much I did end up
9 having syncing issues with this. I suspect the fix is a one-liner,
10 but which one-liner has defied a fair bit of messing around with it.
11
12 In general the git authors aren't really big on supporting this sort
13 of thing, so it is just a big hack. Doing a local sync to discard
14 history might be an option. Just deleting the repo and re-syncing is
15 another option.
16
17 But, if somebody comes up with a good fix I'm all ears.
20 Rich