From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why does wordpress require xterm?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 23:11:30
1 On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 16:40 -0500, Lance Jacobs wrote:
2 > I am trying to install wordpress on a machine that will become a server
3 > in a rack in a datacenter, so it does not need (nor do I want) X11 on
4 > it. Right now, emerge is happy:
5 [snip]
6 > If I try to install wordpress, it wants to bring xterm, and therefore
7 > X11, with it:
8 >
9 > [gromit ~ #] emerge -uDptv wordpress
10
11 hang on, that's "upgrading" wordpress, not installing it. Try either
12 $ emerge -pvt wordpress
13 or
14 $ emerge -uDptv world
15 without wordpress, to see just where the xterm dep is coming in...
16
17 > These are the packages that I would merge, in reverse order:
18 > Calculating dependencies ...done!
19 > [ebuild N ] www-apps/wordpress-2.0.1 +vhosts 0 kB
20 > [ebuild N ] x11-terms/xterm-207 -Xaw3d -doc -toolbar +truetype -unicode 0 kB
21
22 It appears xterm isn't a dep of wordpress, but emerge is just trying to
23 install it anyway.
24
25 If you're building a server, try setting your use flags to "-X -gnome
26 -kde -qt -gtk" etc, and try again.
27
28 > If I install wordpress without the -D option, any subsequent emerge with
29 > the -D option then wants to pull in xterm and all of that other stuff.
30
31 absolutely. Leaving out -D isn't a fix, just a workaround...
32
33 > Looking at the wordpress ebuild file, I do not see any reason for it to
34 > have a dependency on xterm. I'm probably missing something simple, but
35 > I just don't see it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
36
37 I didn't see it either.
38
39 HTH,
40 --
41 Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>
42
43 Some people say a front-engine car handles best. Some people say a
44 rear-engine car handles best. I say a rented car handles best.
45 -- P.J. O'Rourke
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list