From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo in /etc/group
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:54:18
1 james wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > A couple of week ago, I installed a system using 2006.1 Livecd
5 >
6 > To day, I took a look at the /etc/group file and found 'gentoo'
7 > listed in several groups, including wheel
8 > (wheel audio cdrom usb users games) to be specific.
9 > I do not remmeber this before. In fact
10 > looking at several other systems, I do not see the word 'gentoo'
11 > in any /etc/group file.
12 >
13 > I'm thinking this must be a vestige of the liveCD 2006.1 install.
14 >
15 > Can anyone confirm this? Is this a bug I should report?
16 >
17 > curious,
18 > James
23 Are there any users in this group? If not and if I were you I would
24 utilize the program "groupdel" and forget about the case. ;-)
28 Best regards,
29 Daniel
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list