From: Indexer <indexer@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ldap authentication issues.
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 00:02:59
1 I have solved this issue late last night. I took my inspiration from fedora, who has a really nice automatic tool for adding ldap servers, and i looked at their changes. The issue was that pam_unix was set as required, not sufficient / optional. I also found that in fedora they do includes in their pam, and my setup did not have it so you need to modify the correct module for the system, you are using. Find below my corrected pam config, and i will do a write up of this process.
2
3 I have also found that when the user logs in it takes a long tine for commands to execute, and in this time it sends alot of requests to the slapd server, using anonymous binds. Any idea how i make anonymous binds return attrs such as groupUid etc?
4