From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question regarding KDE upgrade and "MASKED PACKAGES"
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:30:10
1 On Wednesday 28 February 2007 15:34:25 Chris wrote:
2 > After merging these packages, emerge immediately wanted to downgrade
3 > them, complaining about "Masked Packages".  I can't provide the text of
4 > that (I can't even read the whole thing), since it will not pipe to a file.
5
6 This sounds rather peculiar. AFAIK all "Masked Packages" messages go to stdout
7 so it should be easy to redirect it to a file. But try:
8
9 # emerge $whatever &> $file
10
11 That catches stderr too..