From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: Managing Wifi-APs
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:12:43
1 What do you guys use to manage access to your company's Wifi?
2
3 I got to research how to provide access for the customers of my client,
4 people waiting for getting their cars fixed ...
5
6 It should be easy to provide them with access while on the other hand it
7 should be loggable, controllable, etc.
8
9 I don't want to go the full RADIUS-way of things, at least not fully by
10 myself, a somehow ready-to-use solution would be cool.
11
12 New keys every day would be nice as well.
13
14 Yesterday I played around with
15
16 http://www.amazingports.com/
17
18 Looks good so far, although it is somehow controlled by their main
19 servers somehow (you have to register etc). Not optimal.
20
21 Any tips or thoughts?
22
23 Additional info: I might have to run the "hotspot-wifi" over the
24 company's fixed lines, within a VPN or so ... there are ~10 separate
25 locations and I won't get new DSL in every single spot there ...
26
27 Stefan