From: alain.didierjean@××××.fr
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] driver for ATI RAdeon HD3650
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:31:19
1 Selon "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>:
2
3 > alain.didierjean@××××.fr ha scritto:
4 > > What would be the best driver for a ATI RAdeon HD3650 graphic interface ?
5 > > Preferably Open Source.
6 > > Thanks for sharing your experience
7 >
8 > Sorry if stating the obvious, but have you already tried this guide?
9 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_RadeonHD
12 I finally used ati-drivers, as it's supposed to fully support the 3000 ATI
13 cards. It installs all right, but launching X goes fine until it prints
14 "PreInitDAL failed" in Xorg.0.log sticks to a X black screen. Only way to get
15 out of it: "magic keys" Alt-PrtScr-k...
16 What's that DAL thing ? How to have it "PreInit", then init ?
17 The problem seems to occur with various ATI cards, various fglrx versions since
18 at least 2004. Many solutions have been found, but none that works for me. Any
19 cue ? Please help.
20 amd64 double core, Powercolor HD3650 w/512Mb RAM
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list