From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo and kickstart files
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 10:13:03
1 On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 01:12:10 -0700, Dan Egli wrote:
2
3 > > Does gentoo know about kickstart files and can it use them?
4 >
5 > I'm hardly a Gentoo expert, but I'm going to say no on both. Kickstart
6 > files are designed for the particular installer you're using. I know
7 > that a Kickstart file for Fedora won't work on Ubuntu, or even CentOS.
8 > The issue here is that Gentoo doesn't HAVE an installer. Not like
9 > SUSe's YaST or Fedora's anaconda. So there is no program to feed a
10 > kickstart file to. The best thing you can do to make things similiar
11 > between hosts is to create your own script that partitions the disks,
12 > formats them, mounts them, then proceeds to copy custom files across.
13
14 ISTR someone was working on an Ansible playbook to automate installation.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 I used to live in the real world, but I got evicted.