From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc-2.14.1 upgrade
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 07:35:14
1 On 24/11/11 06:27, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > After emerging glibc-2.14.1 today, pam stopped working, which
5 > prevented KDE from working and some other things. I got this kind of
6 > message:
7 >
8 > /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by
9 > /lib64/libcrypt.so.1)
10 >
11 > There were no @preserved-rebuild and revdep-rebuild found nothing. I
12 > rebuilt pam and things seem to be working again. Are there any other
13 > packages I should rebuild before encountering a problem? Or some way
14 > to detect which need to be rebuilt? Should I re-emerge world against
15 > my new glibc? :)
16 >
17 > Thanks,
18 > Paul
21 Hi Paul,
22
23 after an glibc upgrade it is time to do an
24
25 emerge -e system world
28 This is what binary distros actually do when they have major bumps in
29 their releases.
30
31 Justin