From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: cross-compile attempt
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 16:26:29
1 On 08/03/2016 03:20 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 17:26:09 -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
3 >
4 >>> If you are using systemd, it is much simpler to use a container with
5 >>> systemd-nspawn that chroot, it takes care of all the mucking around
6 >>> required to get /dev, /proc and friends available to the container.
7 >>>
8 >>> The only mount I need to take care of myself is for $PKGDIR, which is
9 >>> also available via NFS on the target box.
10 >>
11 >> Even with chroot and without without systemd, it pays to create a dead
12 >> simple shell script that does all the mounting. You can even have that
13 >> script itself exec chroot as the last step.
14 >
15 > That's what I do, only the script is even simpler now ;-)
16 >
17 > While containers are simpler, it is still easy to miss out a step, so a
18 > script makes a lot of sense.
22 OK, so now I curious to try this out too. I'd be interested in testing
23 this script for a hardware system (situation) exactly identical to Mick.
24 I do not use systemd. If someone wanted to post a script via gist
25 (http://www.labnol.org/internet/github-gist-tutorial/) or elsewhere
26 or privately or via private email, centric to openrc, I'd test it out,
27 for a variety of final target image needs.
28
29 Also any other scripts for arm64v8 builds on native arm64 systems would
30 be of keen interest to me. I'd settle for a script for armv7 to use as a
31 starting point.
35 James