From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Screen: Cannot open your terminal '/dev/tty1' - please check [Update]
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 18:55:15
1 > On Mar 14, 2015, at 12:47, German <gentgerman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 10:33:59 +0000
4 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 >
6 >> On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 06:08:34 -0400, German wrote:
7 >>
8 >>>> Forget about "chmod 770". Better do a "chmod g+rw". :-)
9 >>>
10 >>> Tried it, it also doesn't stay permanently. OK, no solution :(
11 >>
12 >> The correct solution is a udev rule, but it appears that something may be
13 >> overriding that when you login.
14 >
15 > I have the same udev rule. Yes, something is overriding it.
16 >
17 > A kludgy solution is to add the chmod
18 >> command to ~/.bash_profile.
19
20 Don't hit your head to a brick wall. A small strace to the login process reveals that login set things as you tell it to in /etc/login.defs
21
22 In this file change the line:
24 To:
27 And your problem is fixed.
28
29 The problem has nothing to do with udev. If you don't like a volatile /dev just remove udev and create everything you wan't by hand (not recommended ;)
30
31 Another thing i'm puzzled by is, why do you wan't to login as root and the su to someone else? I usually do it the other way around...
34 -Matti