From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Accessing a Samsung phone and it's data.
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 07:48:04
1 On 7/31/19 2:21 PM, Jack wrote:
2 > On 2019.07.31 12:25, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
3 >> On 2019-07-30 22:44, Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I wonder, if I bought a bluetooth USB thingy and put that on my
6 >>> puter, would that help any? Since I hooked up my wifi router and it
7 >>> uses that, would that help? Or is the USB cable directly connected
8 >>> the best way?
9 >>
10 >> I have a USB to BT adaptor.? It's worse than paperweight: I could
11 >> never make it work on gentoo, or any other kind of Linux.? I think it
12 >> might be like the infamous Winmodems of old, requiring a proprietary
13 >> driver to do anything at all.
14 >
15 > I have one that works just fine.? It shows up with lsusb as:
16 >
17 > Bus 007 Device 002: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth
18 > Dongle (HCI mode)
19 >
20 > I ordered it online, for not much money, but I'd have to dig to see if I
21 > still have any records of where I ordered it.? (eBay is likely)? I'd
22 > also have to do some digging to see if I needed to modify my kernel
23 > config to add anything for it.? So far, I have only used it for a
24 > headset, and I know I went through a number of trials and errors before
25 > getting it to work consistently, but it does work fine.
26 >
27 > Jack
31 Hello Jack,
32
33 Not sure this device would work for you; but if your phone has a type-C
34 port, it be interesting to try. For that matter, I'm not sure it will
35 work with linux (Gentoo, RHEL, *buntu....) But it sure looks promising.
36
37 https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-3USB3-0-Multiport-MacBook-Samsung/dp/B07DHQ2X8Z
38
39 hth,