From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Again, emerge -e @world related questions...
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 14:52:11
1 On 12/17/2017 06:45 AM, Melleus wrote:
2
3 > After some digging in the files I commented out v3.4 line in
4 > /etc/python-exec/python-exec.conf by hand and eselect then begins to
5 > work as I expect. The question is that I think that I should not edit
6 > that file by hand. So is it a bug or might I done something wrong?
7 >
8 > Thank you for pointing me in right direction.
9
10 This is being discussed in
11
12 https://bugs.gentoo.org/635678
13
14 and
15
16 https://bugs.gentoo.org/639578
17
18 It looks like the resolution has two parts. First, eselect was updated
19 to mark uninstalled pythons as being uninstalled. So I think they'll
20 still be shown in the list, but it will be obvious that you shouldn't
21 select them.
22
23 The second phase of the fix would be to update that python-exec.conf
24 file automatically, when the last version of e.g. python-3.4.x is
25 removed. I don't think that's been done yet.
26
27 Either way, it's a bug and nothing you did wrong.