From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fetchmail
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:01:25
1 Hi,
2
3 > I run fetchmail to poll 3 servers every minute... and while this has
4 > worked fine for weeks, last night it froze at 2am and stopped polling.
5 > When I killed the fetchmail process and ran fetchmail again this
6 > afternoon, things jumped to life again and appear back to normal... but
7 > I wished I didn't have to make the manual intervention. Fetchmail is
8 > version "6.2.5.2+RPA+NTLM+SDPS+SSL+INET6+NLS" from portage and has the
9 > following in ~/.fetchmailrc
10 > [...]
11 > --
12 > Can anyone tell me why this happened?
13
14 Hard to say. There's no evidence in the cited log. I think you may want to
15 increase verbosity of the logs... Hm, and next time don't just kill the
16 running instance but check what it's actually doing using strace and
17 ltrace (or even a debugger, but this won't help much if debug symbols are
18 stripped...). You've compiled in a lot of auth mechs, so it may well be
19 due to a related library (hence I suggested ltrace, too).
20
21 -hwh
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list