From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alternative to netkit-telnetd
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:11:12
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:44:12 -0700, kashani wrote:
3 >
4 >> You might want to delete chmod and chown as well since files
5 >> could accidentally get owned to another users or have its permissions
6 >> changed. :-)
7 >
8 > "rm -f /sbin/init" should remove the possibility of accidents :)
12 heh, I like this one best. The point we're making, yes there is a point,
13 is there are more dangerous tools that are part of your OS than any
14 telnet daemon. Assuming someone has enough access to start telnet your
15 system is pretty much toast. If you really think you're going to
16 sonasysadmin then adding an iptables rule for port 23 is probably the
17 best method
18
19 Personally I keep the telnet server around so I can start it when I'm
20 updating openssh.
21
22 kashani
23 --