From: Ward Poelmans <wpoely86@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gnome-terminal & GNU screen
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 10:16:36
1 On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 21:25, Ward Poelmans <wpoely86@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I've got a problem running screen in a gnome-terminal: all the usual
4 > keystroks (for example: ^a c) don't work. When i press ctrl+a d, i
5 > just get a d on the terminal. Screen works perfectly when i start it
6 > in a xterm.
7 > I haven't got a clue where to search for the problem. Any ideas?
8
9 A small follow up:
10 i've discoverd the source of the problem: the a en q key are switched.
11 When i use ^q everything works as it should. But i my screenrc it
12 says: "escape ^aa". My keyboard layout is azerty (using evdev & hal).
13 In every other program, ^a (select-all) works as it should. Any idea
14 why in gnome-terminal, ^a and ^q are switched?
15
16 Thanks,
17
18 Ward